|Washington House of Representatives, District 13b|
|January 14, 2013 - present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Manweller served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations and Elections|
|• Health Care and Wellness|
|• Labor and Workforce Development|
Manweller's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We need a smaller, more efficient government and as much government as we can afford."
Protect Property Rights
- Excerpt: "Government should not be allowed to take your property without just compensation and regulations should not devalue your property."
Local Control on Land Use and Curriculum Decisions
- Excerpt: "Decisions should be made by those we elect locally and not from Olympia."
Sunset Clauses for all new Regulations passed by the Legislature
- Excerpt: "Five years after the passage of a regulation, the Legislature must reauthorize the regulation, or it is eliminated."
Strong Oversight of the Unelected Bureaucracy
- Excerpt: "Too many laws are passed after the Legislature goes home. This must stop."
Manweller won election in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 13b. Manweller ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and defeated Kaj Selmann (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 13b, General Election, 2012|
In Washington, there is a $1,600 campaign contribution limit for donations to partisan House candidates.
Comprehensive donor information for Manweller is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Manweller raised a total of $126,265 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 30, 2013.
|Matt Manweller's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Washington State House, District 13||$126,265|
|Grand Total Raised||$126,265|
2012Manweller won election to the Washington House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Manweller raised a total of $126,265.
|Washington House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Matt Manweller's campaign in 2012|
|Kittitas County Republican Party||$3,000|
|Cambia Health Solutions||$1,800|
|Moses Lake Industries Inc||$1,800|
|Washington State Dental Association||$1,800|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$1,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$126,265|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Missed Votes Report
In March 2014, Washington Votes, the state’s premier legislative information website, released its annual Missed Votes Report, which provides detailed missed roll call votes on bills for every state legislator during the 2014 legislative session. The 2014 regular session included a total of 515 votes in the State House and 396 in the State Senate, as well as 1,372 bills introduced total in the legislature and 237 bills passed. Out of all roll call votes, 90 individual legislators did not miss any votes. 3 individual legislators missed more than 50 votes. Manweller missed 36 votes in a total of 1211 roll calls.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matt + Manweller + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives Committees
- Washington Joint Committees
- Washington state legislative districts
- Rep. Manweller's Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- manwellerforstaterep, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 16, 2014
- Yakima Herald, "Candidates emerge for Hastings’ seat in U.S. House," accessed February 17, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Washington State House of Representatives," accessed August 7, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 16, 2014
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Contribution Limits," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Manweller, Matt," accessed September 30, 2013
- Washington Policy Center "2014 Missed Votes Report for Legislators Released," March 18, 2014
Bill Hinkle (R)
|Washington House of Representatives District 13
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |