Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina State Senate, District 40|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Morris McAdoo will face Nasif Majeed, Matt Newton, Ty Turner and Joyce Waddell in the Democratic primary.
Newton ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent North Carolina's 12th District. Newton sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was February 29, 2012. Newton was defeated incumbent Rep. Melvin L. Watt in the May 8, 2012, Democratic primary.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could have determined whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
The primary took place on May 8, 2012.
|U.S. House of Representatives-North Carolina, District 12 Democratic Primary, 2012|
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 40
- Salisbury Post "Elect 2012: Newton hopeful for House seat" Accessed March 3, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "Primary Election Results" Accessed May 9, 2012.
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results" Accessed October 10, 2012