|Indiana House of Representatives|
|November 16, 2010 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Operations Manager, Peabody Energy|
Ubelhor's professional experience includes working as a coal miner and operations manager for Peabody Energy.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ubelhor served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ubelhor served on these committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Ways and Means|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Jeff Sparks is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Matt Ubelhor is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Ubelhor won re-election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 62. Ubelhor ran unopposed in the May 8 Republican primary and defeated Jeff Sparks (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 62, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Matthew A. Ubelhor Incumbent||52.9%||13,993|
In the May 4th primary, Ubelhor ran unopposed and received 4,687 votes.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 62 General Election (2010)|
|Matt Ubelhor (R)||9,961|
|Sandra Blanton (D)||7,400|
Comprehensive donor information for Ubelhor is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Ubelhor raised a total of $654,144 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 10, 2013.
|Matt Ubelhor's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Indiana State House, District 62||$146,364|
|2010||Indiana State House, District 62||$507,780|
|Grand Total Raised||$654,144|
2012Ubelhor won re-election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ubelhor raised a total of $146,364.
|Indiana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Matt Ubelhor's campaign in 2012|
|Hoosiers for Economic Growth||$24,000|
|Indiana Republican Party||$20,913|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte of Indiana||$14,203|
|Indiana Chamber of Commerce||$8,400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$146,364|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Ubelhor raised $507,780 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|House Republican Campaign Cmte Of Indiana||$119,607|
|Aiming Higher PAC||$105,752|
|Indiana Republican Party||$80,000|
|Hoosiers For Economic Growth||$61,000|
Ubelhor and his wife, Lori, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Matt + Ubelhor + Indiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- Indiana House of Representatives - Matt Ubelhor
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Ubelhor, Matt," accessed September 10, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Indiana House District 62
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |