Matthew D. Tso
|Matthew D. Tso|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Title:||Former judicial candidate|
|Past position:||Candidate, New Mexico State Senate District 3|
|Candidate for:||San Juan County Magistrate Court|
|Election information 2014:|
In May 2012, Tso was placed on administrative leave for one week from his job as a legislative analyst for the Department of Dine Education. The action was related to Tso's participation in a hearing regarding school district boundaries. Earlier in 2012, Tso came under scrutiny for failing to produce a diploma from Dartmouth University. Tso says that he graduated and his diploma was withheld at first over a monetary issue. A university spokesman told The Daily Times that Tso attended the university and never graduated.
- See also: New Mexico judicial elections, 2014
| Tso ran for election to the San Juan County Magistrate Court.
Primary: He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 3, 2014.
General: He was defeated in the general election on November 4, 2014, after receiving 33.0 percent of the vote. He competed against Rena Scott.
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
|New Mexico State Senate, District 3 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|John Pinto Incumbent||72%||2,709|
|Matthew D. Tso||28%||1,053|
- Main article: New Mexico judicial elections, 2010
Tso attended Dartmouth College but did not obtain a degree.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matthew + Tso + New Mexico + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed January 8, 2015
- El Paso Times, "Matthew Tso put on leave by the Department of Dine Education," May 22, 2012
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "UNOFFICIAL RESULTS Primary Election 2014," June 4, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, “Unofficial Election Results- General Election,” November 4, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results- General Election- November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 12, 2014(Archived)
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "San Juan County Election Results"
- El Paso Times, "Official: Tso attended school, did not graduate," September 2, 2011