|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 39|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Tullahoma High School|
|Bachelor's||Vanderbilt University (class of '16) Economics and Political Science|
|Birthday||September 8, 1993|
|Place of birth||Murfreesboro, TN|
After graduating as the valedictorian from Tullahoma High School, Huffer began studying at Vanderbilt University. He is double majoring in economics and political science. His expected graduation date is May 2016.
Huffer made the following statement on his Facebook page:
|“||Yes, Matthew Huffer is running as a Democrat. Yet, on the political spectrum as a whole, he is a moderate. He is a social conservative, but he believes that the government can do more to help the working man in a way that does not depreciate incentives to work.||”|
Elections for the office of Tennessee House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 7, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Matthew Huffer is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent David Alexander will face Jack Daniel in the Republican primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matthew + Huffer + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee General Assembly
- Tennessee House of Representatives District 39
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Facebook, "Hugger for TN State House, About," accessed April 22, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on April 19, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |