|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 39|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Tullahoma High School|
|Bachelor's||Vanderbilt University (class of '16) Economics and Political Science|
|Birthday||September 8, 1993|
|Place of birth||Murfreesboro, TN|
After graduating as the valedictorian from Tullahoma High School, Huffer began studying at Vanderbilt University. He is double majoring in economics and political science. His expected graduation date is May 2016.
Huffer made the following statement on his Facebook page:
|“||Yes, Matthew Huffer is running as a Democrat. Yet, on the political spectrum as a whole, he is a moderate. He is a social conservative, but he believes that the government can do more to help the working man in a way that does not depreciate incentives to work.||”|
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Matthew Huffer was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent David Alexander defeated Jack Daniel in the Republican primary. Huffer and Alexander will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matthew + Huffer + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee General Assembly
- Tennessee House of Representatives District 39
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Facebook, "Hugger for TN State House, About," accessed April 22, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on April 19, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Unofficial Election Results," accessed August 8, 2014
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |