Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts State Senate, Plymouth & Barnstable District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Third Barnstable District|
|2001 - 2011|
Patrick served in the Massachusetts House of Representatives, representing the Third Barnstable district from 2001 to January 5, 2011, and was a Falmouth Town Meeting Member.
Patrick served as Executive Director of Cape and Islands Self Reliance Corporation from 1985-2000. He has also worked as an apprentice with Panton Plumbing, Owner of Seven Suns Solar, and an instructor/volunteer with the Peace Corps in Ghana.
Patrick is a member of the Association for the Preservation of Cape Cod, Falmouth 300 Committee, Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, and the Waquoit Village Association.
- Health Care Financing Joint Committee
- Global Warming and Climate Change
- Veterans and Federal Affairs Joint Committee
Elections for the office of Massachusetts State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Matthew Patrick was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Vinny deMacedo was unopposed in the Republican primary. DeMacedo defeated Patrick and Heather Mullins (L) in the general election.
Patrick had no primary opposition.
On November 4, 2008, Patrick won re-election for the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Third Barnstable district. In this election he raised $47,381-; of that total $43,731- (92.3%) was from in state contributions and $3,650- (7.7%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Third Barnstable district|
|Matthew Patrick (D)||12,898|
|Carey Murphy (I)||8,748|
Patrick raised $47,381 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|MEBA District No 1||$1,100|
|Cape & Islands Democratic Council||$1,000|
|Paul D. Brodeur||$1,000|
|13 different donors||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matthew + Patrick + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts State Senate
- Massachusetts State Senate Plymouth & Barnstable District
- Massachusetts State Senate elections, 2014
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Matt Patrick's personal website
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Matthew Patrick
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Matthew Patrick on Facebook
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Patrick
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 29, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Barnstable 3
2001–January 5, 2011
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |