Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas State Senate, District 5|
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Texas State Senate will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Charles Schwertner was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Joel Shapiro was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Shapiro, Schwertner and Matthew Whittington (L) will face off in the general election.
Whittington ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 136. Whittington ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by Tony Dale (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 136, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matthew + Whittington + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 17, 2014