Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|J.D.||Southwestern University School of Law|
Vella graduated from Rutgers University with degrees in English and Sociology and earned her J.D from Southwestern University School of Law. Vella is an attorney, and is the owner of Law Offices of Maureen E. Vella, P.A. She is an Accredited Professional Mediator and Certified Collaborative Lawyer. She is also a teacher of Religious Formation at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church in Three Bridges.
Elections for the office of New Jersey General Assembly will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on June 2, 2015, and the general election on November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2015. Since the general assembly uses multi-member districts, the top two candidates from each party in the primaries will advance to the general election. Andrew Zwicker and Maureen Vella are bracketed together and are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jack Ciattarelli and incumbent Donna Simon are bracketed together and are unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Vella was defeated in the 2011 election for New Jersey Senate District 16. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 7, 2011. Vella was defeated by Republican incumbent Christopher Bateman in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011.
|New Jersey State Senate District 16 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Christopher Bateman Incumbent||54.6%||21,040|
On April 21, 2011, an Administrative Law Judge ruled in favor of Vella, reversing a previous decision by the Division of Elections to throw out 39 contested signatures. The restoration of these signatures put Vella over the edge of 100 required certification signatures, allowing her to remain on the ballot. Vella was one of two individuals who remained on the ballot after a petition challenge was filed against them. Samuel Torres was the only other candidate to survive a petition challenge.
In 2011, Vella was endorsed by:
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 16," November 3, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 16," October 12, 2011
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Maureen + Vella + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- New Jersey General Assembly District 16
- New Jersey General Assembly elections, 2015
- New Jersey State Legislature
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "2015 Primary Election Timeline," accessed February 2, 2015
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official candidate list for June 2 primary," accessed May 22, 2015
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- PolitickerNJ, Judge rules in favor of keeping Vella on Ballot in LD 16 petition case, 21 April 2011
- Politicker NJ, "2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates," accessed August 5, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |