|Nevada State Senate Washoe 2 District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 7, 2006|
|Bachelor's||University of Nevada, Reno|
During his time in the senate he served as Majority Whip and Assistant Majority Whip. He was also a member of the Washoe County Central Republican Committee.
Washington earned his bachelor's degree in Business Administration from the University of Nevada, Reno. His professional experience includes being the Founder/Pastor for the Center of Hope Christian Fellowship. He is also a businessman.
While in the Nevada State Senate, Washington served on the following committees:
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2006
|Nevada State Senate, Washoe 2 District (2006)|
|Maurice Washington (R)||19,952||55.29%|
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2002
|Nevada State Senate, Washoe 2 District (2002)|
|Maurice Washington (R)||16,394||56.48%|
|Nevada State Senate, Washoe 2 District (1998)|
|Maurice Washington (R)||8,758|
In 2006, Washington collected $350,415 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Senate Republican Leadership Conference of Nevada||$10,000|
|Nevada Motor Transport Association||$9,300|
Washington and his wife, Donna, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Maurice + Washington + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maurice Washington's official Nevada State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1994
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2006 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2002 General Election Results," accessed November 20, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "1998 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 contributions to Maurice Washington," accessed November 19, 2014
|Nevada Senate, Washoe 2 District
| Succeeded by|
Don Gustavson (R)