|Montana House of Representatives, District 74|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Butte High School|
|Place of birth||Butte, Montana|
|Profession||Body shop owner|
Yates works as the owner and manager of Yates Body Shop.
Yates opposed "any plan" to increase taxes. He voiced support for workers' compensation reform, natural resource development, expansion of industrial arts programs in public education, and a focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) programs in public schools and research institutions.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Yates served on these committees:
Yates ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 74. Yates ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and was defeated by Ryan Lynch (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 74, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Max Yates Incumbent||45.3%||2,211|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 74 General Election (2010)|
|Max Yates (R)||1,855|
|Bob Brock (D)||1,834|
In 2010, a year in which Yates was up for re-election, he collected $16,689 in donations.
No contributions to his campaign were over $1,000.
Yates and his wife, Lisa, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Max + Yates + Delaware + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House Site
- Campaign website (timed out)
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Representative Max Yates for HD-74, "Issues," accessed October 17, 2012 (timed out)
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Montana 2010 - Candidates," accessed April 11, 2014
Josh Peck (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 74
| Succeeded by|
Ryan Lynch (D)
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |