|Texas House of Representatives, District 53|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Texas Tech University|
|Birthday||October 12, 1973|
|Profession||Business owner, hunting ranch|
Max Martin is a Lone Star State native who grew up in Waco, Texas.
He graduated from Midway High School in 1992, and immediately entered the private sector as a banker, grocer and radio personality.
In 1995, he moved to his family's ranch near Carta Valley in southwest Edwards County between Del Rio and Rocksprings. There he started a hunting service business called Martin Ranch Management, which he operates to this day.
Martin earned his bachelor's degree in public relations from Texas Tech University in May 2003. He utilizes these skills through nationwide advertising and promotion of local hunting leases throughout southwest Texas.
Max Martin speaks Spanish and Spanglish.
If elected, Martin seeks to do the following:
1. Reduce the size and scope of government at every level
2. Reduce government spending and taxation simultaneously
3. Maximize and protect private property owner and citizen rights to the fullest extent possible.
- Quotes from candidates may contain spelling and grammatical errors
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Rob Henneke and Andrew Murr defeated Karen Harris, Tink Nathan and Wayne Ramsay in the Republican primary. Murr defeated Henneke in the May 27 Republican runoff. Maximilian Martin is running as a Libertarian and B.W. Holk filed but did not advance past the Libertarian convention.Murr and Martin will face off in the general election.
Max Martin current lives on his family's ranch in southwest Edwards County near Carta Valley, Texas.
Max is a private pilot, scuba diver and enjoys karaoke at local venues.
- Official campaign website
- Maximilian Martin on Facebook
- Biography from The Texas Tribune
- Profile from the Libertarian Party
- Texas Secretary of State
- Facebook: "Martin Ranch, About," accessed December 22, 2013
- Martin Ranch: "A letter from the owner," accessed December 22, 2013
- Information submitted to Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on December 20, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "The 2014 Election Brackets," accessed December 12, 2013
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |