Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 30|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|West Virginia House of Delegates|
|2006 - 2008|
|High school||Nuttall High School|
Kessler served in the House of Delegates from 2006 to 2008.
Kessler's professional experience includes working as the owner of Kessler Properties.
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will consist of a primary election on May 13, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Mick Bates will face Gordie Roop and Mel Kessler in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Linda Sumner is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Kessler was defeated in District 27 on the ballot in the November 2, 2010, general election. He was one of nine candidates running for the five positions in District 27. Kessler defeated Democrat Burge Speilman in the primary. He was opposed in the general election by Democratic incumbents Virginia Mahan, Rick Moye, Sally Matz Susman and William Wooton; Republican incumbent Linda Sumner, and Republicans Richard "Ben" Franklin, John David O'Neal,and Rick Snuffer. The top five vote-getters were elected.
Kessler and his wife, Dolly, have a son.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mel + Kessler + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Representatives
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 24, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 11, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
- Register Herald, "Kessler seeks 30th District House seat," February 1, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |