|Illinois House of Representatives, District 55|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Maine South High School, 1989|
|Profession||Park Ridge Park District Commissioner|
Thillens' professional experience includes working as Park Ridge Park District Commissioner and as the owner of Thillens Inc.
On his campaign website, Thillens's says that he is running for office for the following reasons:
- Excerpt: "Along the way I learned about values, values that we all learn from our parents: to work hard, to value a dollar, to confront problems and solve them, to not spend what you don't have, to watch your money, and to respect people. I am running for state representative to return these values to Springfield and secure Illinois’ future."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Martin J. Moylan ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Mel Thillens ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Moylan and Thillens will face off in the general election.
Thillens and his wife, Stephanie, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mel + Thillens + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website, "About Mel Thillens," accessed March 3, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |