|Indiana House of Representatives, District 35|
|November 5, 2014 - Present|
|November 8, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Wright served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Agriculture and Rural Development|
|• Family, Children and Human Affairs|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Melanie Wright was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent L. Jack Lutz was unopposed in the Republican primary. Wright defeated Lutz in the general election.
|Indiana House of Representatives 35, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||L. Jack Lutz Incumbent||49.4%||8,375|
Wright ran in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 35. Wright ran unopposed in the May 8 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent L. Jack Lutz (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 35, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||L. Jack Lutz Incumbent||50.8%||14,676|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Melanie + Wright + Indiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- Indiana House of Representatives - Rep. Melanie Wright
- Melanie Wright on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Follow the Money
- Profile from Open States
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
L. Jack Lutz (R)
|Indiana House of Representatives District 35
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |