Melba School District, Idaho
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Idaho school district websites
- The Melba School District 2009-2010 budget information is available.
- Emails are provided for administrative staff.
- Academic performance information is available via a link to the Idaho State Department of Education district report card.
- Audit information is posted.
- Employment applications are posted.
- The Melba Policy Manual includes information regarding accessing public records and criminal history checks for employees. Background investigation information can also be found on the Idaho State Department of Education website.
- School board contact information is not available.
- Meeting information is not posted.
- Current teacher and vendor contracts are not available on the division website. Personnel and teacher contracts are posted on the Idaho State Department of Education website.
The school board controls school property, establishes, organizes, and operates the schools of the district, including: establishing schools, adopting enrollment plans, providing for school elimination and consolidation, cooperating with school boards of adjoining districts in maintaining schools, maintaining the school year schedule and other more specific duties as outlined in the Idaho statute. 
It operates, controls and supervises the district's public schools as well as determines the rate of school district taxes, with the option of two or more school districts operating and financing educational programs together.
Current School Board Members
|Ed Smith, Chairman||Zone 2|
|Sam Preisler, Vice Chairman||Zone 3|
|Shane Beus||Zone 1|
|Travis Christensen||Zone 4|
|Mary Huff||Zone 5|
The current division superintendent is Andrew Grover.
The Idaho Public School System is supervised by the State Board of Education (SBOE), which is the policy-making body for public education in the state. The SBOE provides oversight and governance for K – 20 education levels.
Current Board of Education members include:
|Richard Westerberg, President||Preston||March 1, 2014|
|Kenneth Edmunds, Vice President||Twin Falls||March 1, 2013|
|Don Soltman, Secretary||Twin Lakes||March 1, 2014|
|Emma Atchley||Ashton||March 1, 2010|
|Paul Agidius||Moscow||March 1, 2011|
|Rod Lewis||Boise||March 1, 2010|
|Tom Luna, Superintendent of Public Instruction||Boise|
|Milford Terrell||Boise||March 1, 2012|
- Main article: Idaho academic performance
Idaho’s educational assessment system is administered from kindergarten through high school and focuses primarily on math, reading, and language use skills. Tests include the Idaho Reading Indicator (IRI), the Idaho Direct Math Assessment (DMA), Idaho Direct Math Assessment (DMA), the Idaho English Language Assessment (IELA), and the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), as well as the SAT and ACT.
Idaho’s accountability system monitors state and federal goals for increased student achievement; the system includes consequences and rewards for districts and school based on yearly results. Per federal and state law, every school and district must meet annual academic performance goals in reading and math, referred to as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP). High schools are required to meeting graduation goals and middle and elementary are required to meet a third academic indicator goal. Schools and districts that do not make AYP are identified as in improvement.
The Idaho State Department of Education reports the Melba School District as having three schools in the district. The district did not make AYP for the 2008-2009 academic year.
|Year||Reading (% proficient)||Math (% proficient)||Language (% proficient)||Graduation rate (%)|
- Melba School District
- Great Schools - Melba School District
- Public School Review - Melba School District
- Idaho State Department of Education official website
- ↑ ‘Melba Public Schools’, Budget, August 23, 2010
- ↑ ‘Melba Public Schools’, Staff Contact List, August 23, 2010
- ↑ ‘Melba Public Schools’, District Report Card, August 23, 2010
- ↑ ‘Melba Public Schools’, Financial Statements, August 23, 2010
- ↑ ‘Melba Public Schools’, Job Opportunities, August 23, 2010
- ↑ ‘Melba Public Schools’, Policy, August 23, 2010
- ↑ ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Background Investigation Check, August 9, 2010
- ↑ ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Educator Resources - Contracts, August 9, 2010
- ↑ Idaho Statutes,"Title 33, Chapter 5," retrieved April 1, 2010
- ↑ 'Melba School District', School Board, August 23, 2010
- ↑ ‘Idaho State Board of Education’, August 9, 2010
- ↑ ‘Idaho State Board of Education’, Board Members, August 9, 2010
- ↑ ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Statistics – Test Reports, August 9, 2010
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Report Cards, August 21, 2010
- ↑ 'Idaho Education Association', August 9, 2010
- ↑ 'National Education Association', August 9, 2010