|Glossary of terms|
|Edit review process|
There are three aspects to this test: performing research on the wikis, performing research on the internet, and adding information to an established page. Upon completion of each element, add them to the section of this page called "Results." This test is timed; plan to spend approximately one hour on it in total. Note your start and finish times in the section below.
Before beginning the test you must register with Ballotpedia. Please create a user account for yourself following this naming pattern: First name, month, day. For example: Sara0317, or use the name provided to you.
Note your start and finish times here.
Start time: 10:21
End time: 1:33
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format. Please use pages on the wiki to find your answers.
- How many statewide measures were on the 2008 South Dakota ballot?
- How many states have a Lieutenant Governor? Which states do not?
- Who are the members of the Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee?
- How many measures relating to Medical Marijuana were on the ballot in 1998? Which (if any) were approved?
- Who is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives?
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format.
- Who is on the City Council for Sun Prairie, WI? When were they elected?
- What was the decision in the case of California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court in California?
- Who sponsored HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session? What did the bill do? What is it's current status?
For the final portion of the test you must add a vote results box to either a state ballot measures or state legislative page. Vote results boxes require important wiki skills including research, proper citations, and working with templates. Guidelines for adding one to a page can be found here - state measure guidelines or state legislative guidelines. Select one of the measures/legislators below, and add an "election results" section and vote results box, then link to the section you added in the "Results" section indicated below. After completing the section
cross the link you used out on this list.
- Overall, eight ballot measures appeared on the South Dakota 2008 ballot measures.
- Only 43 states elect or appoint a Lieutenant Governor. The states that do not elect or appoint Lieutenant Governors include: Maine, Arizona, Wyoming, New Hampshire, Oregon and West Virginia.
- The current members of the Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee include three Democratic members, Steven Bieda, Bert Johnson, Bert Johnson, and six Republican members Joe Hune, Rick Jones, Dave Hildenbrand, Jim Marleau, John Moolenaar, and John Proos.
- Of the seven measures relating to Medical Marijuana only three were approved for the medical use of Marijuana in the 1998 ballot measures including: Alaska, Nevada, and Oregon.
- The representative for the 35th District in the Texas House of Representatives is Republican, Oscar Longoria.
- The City Council Members of Sun Prairie include: Hariah Hutkowski, Russell Fassbender, Jonathan Freund, Steve Villand, Al Hoffmann, Zachary Weber, Mike Kostelnik, Mary Polenske. The council members were elected in April of 2012.
- The case of California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court in California, involved the ability to provide a list of the names of donors for the California State University's proposed building of a new arena. The case also determined the definition of a public agency. The court ultimately ruled that the Association is not a public body and not subject to public records request.
- Representative John Dougall sponsored HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session. The bill was to allow exemptions for government records. The bill was later recalled by the Governor. The Utah Restricted Government Records Access Referendum (2012) did not make the 2012 ballot.