|U.S. House, Illinois, District 8|
Voting with party
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast in 2009 and 2010, Melissa Bean voted with the House Democratic leadership 90.8% of the time. That same analysis reported that she voted with her party’s leadership 93.9% of the time in 2010.
A separate analysis from The Washington Post, reports that Bean votes with a majority of her party 91.9% of the time. 
In addition, Rep. Bean voted for the stimulus bill. A total of 57 percent of U.S. voters believed that the stimulus had hurt the economy (36 percent) or had no impact (21 percent). Only 38 percent believed the stimulus helped the economy.
Bean also voted in favor of the "Cash for Clunkers" bill. According to a June 2009 Rasmussen Reports poll, 54 percent of likely U.S. voters opposed Cash for Clunkers, while 35 percent supported it.
Bean supported the "Cap and Trade" bill. Just after the bill’s passage, 42 percent of likely U.S. voters said that cap and trade would hurt the economy, while 19 percent believed that it would help. Another 15 percent said that the bill would have no impact.
Finally, Bean voted in favor of the health care reform bill. About 57 percent of likely voters at least somewhat favored repeal of the health care reform bill, including 46 percent who strongly favored repeal. Only 35 percent of likely voters opposed repeal. A total of 51 percent of likely voters believed the health care reform bill would be bad for the country, while 36 percent believed it would be beneficial.
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- The Washington Post, "The U.S. Congress Votes Database"
- Vote Results, October 3, 2008
- GALLUP Politics, "Among Recent Bills, Financial Reform a Lone Plus for Congress," September 13, 2010
- Vote Results, December 10, 2008
- Vote Results, January 28, 2009
- Rasmussen Reports, "38% Say Stimulus Plan Helped Economy, 36% Say It Hurt," August 24, 2010
- Vote Results, June 9, 2009
- Rasmussen Reports, "54% Oppose “Cash for Clunkers” Plan To Spur Purchase of Greener Cars," June 23, 2009
- Vote Results, June 26, 2009
- Rasmussen Reports, "42% Say Climate Change Bill Will Hurt The Economy," June 30, 2009
- Vote Results, March 21, 2010
- Rasmussen Reports, "61% Favor Repeal of Healthcare Law," September 20, 2010
|U.S. House of Representatives - Illinois, District 8
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |