Melissa Halvorson Wiklund
|Melissa Halvorson Wiklund|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 50|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wiklund served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health, Human Services and Housing, Vice-chair|
|• State and Local Government|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Wiklund won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 50. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Vern Wilcox (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Melissa Halvorson Wiklund||61%||25,300|
Comprehensive donor information for Wiklund is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Wiklund raised a total of $45,994 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Melissa Halvorson Wiklund's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State Senate, District 50||$45,994|
|Grand Total Raised||$45,994|
2012Wiklund won election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Wiklund raised a total of $45,994.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Melissa Halvorson Wiklund's campaign in 2012|
|Wiklund, Melissa Halvorson||$2,250|
|50th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$2,000|
|Mah Mah Wi No Min||$1,400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$45,994|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from February 25 through May 19.
- Liberty Minnesota: 2014
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating "limited government, free enterprise, and individual liberty."
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on pro-choice issues.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 8 to May 20.
- Americans for Prosperity Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored "on key votes on issues concerning economic freedom, which includes taxes, budgets and spending, health care and more."
- Minnesota Family Council: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to a socially conservative "pro-family" organization.
- Minnesota Majority: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "a wide range of issues including taxes, government spending, elections, childcare unionization, property rights and energy policy" per "the traditional values position."
- Taxpayers League of Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to an economically conservative organization.
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes regarding reproductive issues.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Melissa + Wiklund + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 25, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Halvorson Wiklund, Melissa." Retrieved June 28, 2013
- Liberty Minnesota, "About Us," accessed July 25, 2014
- Americans for Prosperity, "2013 Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Family Council, "2013 Minnesota Family Council Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Majority, "Scorecards," accessed July 26, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Barbara Goodwin (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 50
| Succeeded by|