|Former candidate for|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 9|
Hasting's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||I believe in religious freedom, lower taxes, right to own guns, I do not support abortion, and I do not support a welfare state which leads to socialism. I am very conservative, but I believe it is more important for a representative to do what is best for his constituents, county, district, state, and country. Too much politics and pandering involved in government and that is a big problem. The result is a legislature that gets marred down in political issues and nobody is solving our problems.||”|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Ed Henry defeated Melvin Hasting in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 9 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Ed Henry Incumbent||57.3%||4,350|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Melvin + Hasting + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama State Senate
- Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
- Facebook, "Melvin Hasting for State Representative," accessed May 7, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|