For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Meredith Strang Burgess
|Meredith Strang Burgess|
|Maine House of Representatives District 108|
|2006 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Date of birth||04/27/1956|
|Place of birth||Rockland, ME|
|Profession||CEO, Burgess Advertising and Marketing|
Burgess is Chief Executive Officer of Burgess Advertising and Marketing.
She served as President of the Maine Cancer Foundation from 2002-2008 and University of Maine Board of Visitors from 2001-2008.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Burgess served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Burgess served on the following committees:
Burgess' opponents in the November 2 general election were Democratic candidate Thomas Gruber and Green candidate Erin Cianchette. According to unofficial results, Burgess defeated Gruber and Cianchette in the November 2 general election.
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 108 (2010)|
|Meredith Strang Burgess (R)||3,085||59%|
|Thomas Gruber (D)||1,519||29%|
|Erin Cianchette (Green Independent)||501||10%|
Meredith Strang Burgess raised $17,651 for her campaign.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 108|
|Meredith Strang Burgess (R)||3,489|
|Brita Bonechi (D)||2422|
In 2010, Burgess received $11,175 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below:
|Maine House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Meredith Strang Burgess's campaign in 2010|
|Strang, Charlene P||$700|
|Strang, Jonathan Peter||$700|
|North Yarmouth Republican Town Cmte||$550|
|Snowe For Senate||$350|
|Eddy, Virginia A||$350|
|Total Raised in 2010||$11,175|
In 2008 Meredith Strang Burgess collected $17,651 in donations.
Her four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Snowe for Senate||$750|
|Maine Motor Transport Association||$500|
|Maine Bankers Association||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Meredith+ Strang + Burgess + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Meredith Strang Burgess
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Burgess
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2008 State House Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Burgess' 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Maine 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 19, 2014
- 2008 contributors to Meredith Strang Burgess
|Maine House of Representatives District 108
| Succeeded by|
Stephen Moriarty (D)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |