|Utah House of Representatives District 50|
|2001 - 2013|
|Per diem||$95/day for lodging, $61/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
Newbold previously served on the South Jordan City Council.
Newbold is a Consultant.
Newbold earned her B.S. in Business Management from Brigham Young University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Newbold served on the following committees:
- Administrative Rules Review Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Education Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Redistricting Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Retirement and Independent Entities Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Public Education Appropriations, Chair
- Subcommittee on Retirement and Independent Entities Appropriations
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Newbold served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, Utah House
- Retirement and Independent Entities Committee, Utah House
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Utah House
|Utah House of Representatives, District 50 General Election (2010)|
|Merlynn Newbold (R)||9,588|
|Gary R. Olsen (D)||3,760|
|Russell G. Hatch (C)||959|
Newbold raised $23,977 for her campaign while Rich raised $16 and Hatch raised $0.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 50 (2008)|
|Merylnn Newbold (R)||12,938|
|Patty Rich (D)||5,273|
|Russell Hatch (C)||1,050|
In 2010, Newbold received $54,744 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Merlynn Newbold's campaign in 2010|
|Quality Jobs Coalition||$2,500|
|Merit Medical Systems||$2,267|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Sorenson, Beverley T||$2,000|
|Ipson, Don & Joann||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$54,744|
Newbold raised $23,977 for the 2008 election.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|PCM Venture I||$1,500|
|Utah Association of Realtors||$1,500|
|Kevin Garn Election Campaign||$1,000|
|Utah House Republican Elections Committee||$1,000|
The Sutherland Institute Scorecard
The Sutherland Institute, "a conservative public policy think tank" in Utah, releases its Scorecard for Utah State Representatives and Senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Sutherland Institute thought were pro-conservative policies.
Merlynn Newbold received a score of 92% in the 2012 scorecard.
Newbold has a husband, Ray.
- Utah House of Representatives - Rep. Merlynn Newbold
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- ↑ Utah 2012 candidate filings
- ↑ Utah House of Representatives election results
- ↑ 2008 Election Results, Utah House of Representatives
- ↑ 2008 Utah Election Fundraising, Candidates
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- ↑ Campaign contributors to Merlynn Newbold
- ↑ The Sutherland Institute, "2012 Legislative Session"
- ↑ 2012 Sutherland Institute Legislative Socrecard
|Utah House of Representatives District 50
| Succeeded by|
Rich Cunningham (R)