For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Merrill School District Bond Measure (November 2011)
This measure was approved
- YES 489 (58.01%)
- NO 354 (41.99%)
This measure sought to issue a bond in the amount of $7.7 million in order to pay for new buses, improving school and playground sites and school athletic fields as well as upgrading technology in the district. Since it was approved, an additional levy of 2.4 mills will be added to the current property tax rate in order to pay for the bond.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Shall the Merrill Community School District, Counties of Saginaw, Midland and Gratiot, Michigan, borrow the principal sum of not to exceed Seven Million Seven Hundred Fifty-Five Thousand Dollars ($7,755,000) and issue its unlimited tax general obligation bonds for the purposes of defraying the cost of: Remodeling reequipping and refurnishing School District buildings; Acquiring school buses and improving and developing sites, including playgrounds, playfields, and outdoor athletic fields and constructing related facilities in the School District; and Acquiring and installing technology equipment in School District buildings?|
- Saginaw County Clerk, Current Election Results
- Michigan Treasury Department, School Bond Information
- Daily News, "Midland city council, school board seats up for election," November 4, 2011
- Saginaw County Clerk, November Proposals
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.