Mia A. Ackerman
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 45|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position ||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Councilwoman for District 5 - Cumberland|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York at Binghamton|
is a Democratic
member of the Rhode Island House of Representatives
, representing District 45
. She was first elected to the chamber in 2012.
Ackerman earned her B.A. in Political Economics from State University of New York at Binghamton. Her professional experience includes working as a self-employed real estate title examiner.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ackerman served on the following committees:
- See also: Rhode Island House of Representatives elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Mia Ackerman will face Paul Simoes in the Democratic primary.
- See also: Rhode Island House of Representatives elections, 2012
Ackerman won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 45. Ackerman defeated incumbent Rene Menard in the September 11 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2012
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 45 Democratic Primary, 2012
| Rene Menard Incumbent
Comprehensive donor information for Mia Ackerman is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Mia Ackerman raised a total of $13,697 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 2, 2013.
Mia Ackerman won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Mia Ackerman raised a total of $13,697
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mia Ackerman's campaign in 2012|
|Ackerman, Mia A||$3,188|
|Harnick, Dr Harris||$400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$13,697|
|Source:Follow the Money
Ackerman and her husband, Barry, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mia + Ackerman + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Mia Ackerman News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Mia Ackerman," accessed June 10, 2014
- ↑ Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- ↑ Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- ↑ State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- ↑ State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Ackerman, Mia," accessed August 2, 2013