|Washington House of Representatives District 33b|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Highline Community College|
|Bachelor's||University of Washington|
Gregerson graduated from the University of Washington. She is the former Deputy Mayor for SeaTac City Council.
After her appointment, Gregerson was assigned to the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Community Development, Housing and Tribal Affairs|
|• Local Government, Vice-Chair|
|• Higher Education|
Gregerson's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "You can count on two things from me on transportation if I’m elected to the legislature. I will fight for the critical transportation projects needed to keep South King County moving. I will work across party lines to procure the votes to get this done."
Ensuring Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I will work to streamline and consolidate these districts. This will save hundreds of thousands of dollars in administrative costs and make it easier to understand our tax bills."
Closing Tax Loopholes
- Excerpt: "I will support legislation that will review tax loopholes and ensure that either they are serving the purpose they were intended in the first place."
Making Health Care Affordable
- Excerpt: "I will be on the front lines making sure we get the Affordable Care Act right. No family should go bankrupt because of medical bills. No senior citizen should have to choose between medicine and food. Let’s ensure Washington State is a leader and model for affordable health care for the whole country."
Protecting our Environment
- Excerpt: "I’ve been involved in the Prescription Drug Take Back programs to help keep Puget Sound and our waterways clean. At the same time, I am gearing up to work to ban toxic flame retardants in our home furniture for our own safety and especially that of our children."
Elections for all 49 districts (98 seats) in the Washington House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Mia Gregerson (D) and Jeanette Burrage (R) defeated Les Thomas (I) in the primary. Grgerson and Burrage will face off in the general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 33b Top Two Primary, 2014|
|Democratic||Mia Su-Ling Gregerson Incumbent||49.5%||8,039|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Children's Campaign Fund
- National Federation of Independent Business/Washington
- Pro-Choice Washington
- UW Impact
- Washington Conservation Voters
- Washington State Labor Council
In 2014, Gregerson's endorsements include the following:
- Congressmember Adam Smith
- Speaker of the House Frank Chopp
- King County Executive Dow Constantine
- King County Councilmember Dave Upthegrove
- King County Councilmember Larry Gossett
- King County Councilmember Rod Dembowski
- Former King County Councilmember Julia Patterson
- King County Sheriff John Urquhart
- King County Assessor Lloyd Hara
- Karen Keiser, Washington State Senator
Gregerson has one child: Alexis.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Mia + Gregerson + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives Committees
- Washington Joint Committees
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Washington House of Representatives
- Mia Gregerson on Washington House Democrats
- Profile from Open States
- Profile by Vote-USA
- Mia Gregerson on Facebook
- Mia Gregerson on Twitter
- The Highline Times, "SeaTac's Mia Gregerson Appointed to Replace Upthegrove by King County Council," December 23, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 17, 2014
- Mia Gregerson for State Representatives, "Issues," accessed July 15, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 23, 2014
- Mia Gregerson for State Representatives, "Endorsements," accessed July 15, 2014
|Washington House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |