Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 27b|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Anderson's voter guide from the News Tribune, highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "In Washington State, we have untapped revenue that is slated for education. Our current legislators have loaded us with wasted time and money. Every dollar wasted in the legislative arena effects education in one way or another, either directly or indirectly. Our constituents know exactly what they want money spent on, and what they do not. Our current legislative process creates the deficit."
- Excerpt: "I support funding of road improvements through the taxes already generated by gas and highway fees. I am of the opinion that the money already collected is more than sufficient to fund projects. It isn't the amount of funds we need to increase, rather it is the efficacy of those funds that we should focus on."
- Excerpt: "I believe every Washingtonian, whether employed by the public or private sectors, are entitled to a fair and living wage. Before we can increase pay for state employees, we must first ensure accountability. Each and every department needs to be audited, ensuring funds are being used as intended. There is a lot of waste and redundancy in our government. Reduce waste and increase fund availability."
Elections for all 49 districts (98 seats) in the Washington House of Representatives took place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Jake Fey (D) and Steven Cook (R) defeated Micah Anderson (Framer Party) in the primary. Fey defeated Cook in the general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 27b Top Two Primary, 2014|
|Democratic||Jake Fey Incumbent||68.3%||12,223|
|Framer Party||Micah Anderson||4%||714|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Micah + Anderson + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Micah Anderson on Facebook
- Washington State Legislature
- Profile by Vote-USA
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- The News Tribune, "Voter guides," accessed July 15, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Associated Press, "Unofficial general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |