|Arkansas House of Representatives District 89|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Justice of the Peace|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Neal's professional experience includes working as the owner of Neal's Cafe and serving as a Justice of the Peace.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Neal served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Management, Vice Chair|
|• Legislative Council|
|• Joint Budget|
|• Joint Energy|
|• City, County and Local Affairs|
Neal's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "I will work to facilitate a business climate not only in Springdale but in Arkansas to make our region and state more attractive to employers."
- Protect the Rights of the Unborn
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Life and will stand in the gap to ensure current rights of the unborn remain protected and will support legislation that protects or enhances the protection of our future citizens."
- 2nd Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "I will fight any encroachment of 2nd Amendment rights at the state level."
- Small Business
- Excerpt: "Many say that small businesses are the backbone of our economy and I agree. As a small business owner I understand the expenses and regulations that the government places on small business owners."
Neal ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 89. Neal ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and defeated Yessie Hernandez (D) in the November 6, 2012, general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 89, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Micah S. Neal||63.5%||2,704|
Comprehensive donor information for Neal is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Neal raised a total of $32,642 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 21, 2013.
|Micah Neal's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arkansas State House, District 89||$32,642|
|Grand Total Raised||$32,642|
2012Neal won election to the Arkansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Neal raised a total of $32,642.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Micah Neal's campaign in 2012|
|Arkansas Health Care Association||$1,250|
|Arkansas Realtors Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,642|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Neal has two sons.
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Neal, Micah," accessed August 21, 2013
Charlie Collins (R)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 89
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|