|California State Assembly District 7|
|Base salary||$95,290.56 per year|
|Per diem||$141.86 per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
Allen has earned an RN, BA/BS, and JD.
He has worked in the following positions: psychiatric nurse at Sonoma County Crisis Clinic, attorney for the Sierra Club Legal Defense Team and also for the Sonoma County Organization of Public Employees, and as executive director of the Service Employees International Union Local 707.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Allen served on these committees:
- Assembly Legislative Ethics
- Budget Committee, California General Assembly
- Business, Professions and Consumer Protection Committee, California General Assembly
- Labor and Employment Committee, California General Assembly
- Public Employees, Retirement and Social Security Committee, California General Assembly
Allen's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Michael Allen is bringing teachers and parents together to create great public schools and support higher education. He stood with teachers and education advocates to stop millions of dollars in cuts to local public schools."
- Excerpt: "Michael Allen is bringing environmentalists and industry leaders together for a cleaner future. Michael worked with local environmentalists and businesses to create Solar Sonoma County, a group that promotes local access to renewable energy."
- Excerpt: "Michael Allen is bringing health care advocates and administrators together to increase access to quality health care. As a registered nurse and former labor leader, Michael understands how important it is that every California resident has access to medical care that meets their needs while remaining affordable."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Michael Allen is bringing business and labor together to grow new jobs and help working families. An experienced mediator, Michael has worked with business and labor to resolve numerous disputes to clear the way for projects that have created thousands of new jobs."
- State Budget
- Excerpt: "Michael Allen is bringing Democrats and Republicans together to solve California’s budget deficit. He helped craft a bi-partisan budget deal that reduced California’s ongoing structural budget deficit by more than 75 percent."
Allen ran for re-election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 10. Due to redistricting following the 2010 census, he was displaced from District 7. He advanced past the June 5, 2012 blanket primary, defeating Alex Easton-Brown (D), H. Christian Gunderson (D), Connie Wong (D), Peter Mancus (R), and Joe Boswell (I). Allen was defeated by Marc Levine (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Allen Incumbent||48.8%||91,973|
|California State Assembly, District 7 General Election (2010)|
|Michael Allen (D)||86,641|
|Doris Gentry (R)||43,350|
|Kathryn N. Moore (L)||5,993|
|California House of Representatives, District 7 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Michael Allen (D)||13,623|
|Michael Wilson (D)||13,103|
|Lee Pierce (D)||6,681|
In 2010, Allen raised $413,421 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|California State Council Of Service Employees||$15,600|
|Service Employees Local 1021||$15,600|
|California Teachers Association||$15,600|
Allen has five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Michael + Allen + California + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California business group uses ?job killer? list to help Wal-Mart - Salon
- Is This 36-Year-Old Veteran the Future of the GOP? - National Journal
- Is Tom Cotton Too Good to Be True? - National Journal
- DOA: Behind the Chamber of Commerce's ?Job Killers? List - Beyond Chron
- Jerry Brown holds huge lead in re-election poll - Fresno Bee
- House Votes To Shield Private Equity Firms From Dodd-Frank Disclosure - Huffington Post
- DEMS RENEW OBAMACARE PUSH ? WaPo: Third of enrollments plagued by ... - Politico
- Early Look at Campaign 2014: Part 4 ? Safe Open Seats and Possible Same ... - Fox and Hounds Daily
- What Beacon Hill has in store for you this week - Cape Cod Today
- 61st Annual Attorney General's Awards Winners Announced - Main Justice
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Michael Allen's campaign website
- House website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
Noreen Evans (D)
|California Assembly District 7
| Succeeded by|
Roger Dickinson (D)