For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Michael B. Bell
|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 96|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Lake Land College, 1971|
|Bachelor's||Eastern Illinois University, 1973|
|Master's||Eastern Illinois University, 1976|
Bell earned his A.S. in Education from Lake Land College in 1971, his B.S. in Education from Eastern Illinois University in 1973 and his M.S. in Education from Eastern Illinois University in 1976. His professional experience includes working as a teacher for 26 years in public schools and for 8 years for the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Sue Scherer defeated Gina Lathan in the Democratic primary, while Michael B. Bell defeated Landon Laubhan in the Republican primary. Scherer then defeated Bell in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 96, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Sue Scherer Incumbent||55.2%||15,153|
|Republican||Michael B. Bell||44.8%||12,294|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 96 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Sue Scherer Incumbent||51.8%||2,699|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 96 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Michael B. Bell||75.8%||3,963|
In 2014, Bell's endorsements included the following:
- The Illinois Observer
Bell and his wife, Jean, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Bell + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michael Bell on Twitter
- Michael Bell on Facebook
- Official campaign website, "About," accessed February 19, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
- www.illinoisobserver.net, "Illinois House and Senate 2014 Primary Endorsements Part II,” accessed February 19, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |