Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana|
- See also: New Orleans mayoral election, 2014
|Mayor of New Orleans, 2014|
|Mitch Landrieu Incumbent||63.6%||53,441|
|Danatus N. King||3.1%||2,638|
|Source: Louisiana Secretary of State|
In a candidate form taking place on January 8, 2014, Bagneris criticized incumbent Landrieu for failing to do more to help the city's poor. Landrieu countered by citing programs he had initiated in his first term as mayor, arguing that under his leadership the city had seen hundreds of jobs come to the city and the razing of thousands of dilapidated structures. Bagneris also criticized Landrieu for his handling of a development contract awarded to a firm that, Bagneris argued, had failed to comply with the city's Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program. The program stipulates that companies must include a 35 percent participation level from disadvantaged businesses (often, those owned by women or minorities). Landrieu insisted that the contract would not be allowed to move forward unless the firm complied with the program's requirements.
As of December 23, 2013, Bagneris reported having a total of $219,025 at his disposal in advance of the February 1, 2014 primary. Between December 13, 2013 and December 23, 2013, Bagneris managed to raise more than $170,000. He has also contributed $50,000 of his personal money to his campaign.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Bagneris + New Orleans"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- New Orleans, Louisiana mayoral election, 2014
- United States municipal elections, 2014
- Bagneris for Mayor -- Official campaign website
- Louisiana Elections, "Candidate Search" accessed December 14, 2013
- New York Times, "Mitch Landrieu Is Re-elected Mayor of New Orleans," February 2, 2014
- Sun Herald, "New Orleans Mayor: Voters have spoken - again," February 2, 2014
- New Orleans Times Picayune, "Mitch Landrieu sails to second term as mayor of New Orleans," February 2, 2014
- The Times-Picayune, "New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu rival Michael Bagneris gains Democrats' endorsement, despite Obama backing Landrieu," January 12, 2014
- The Times-Picayune, "Michael Bagneris builds instant war chest in bid against Mitch Landrieu for mayor of New Orleans," January 3, 2014
- Louisiana Ethics Administration Program, "Candidate's Report - Michael Bagneris - 30th day prior to primary," accessed January 16, 2014
- The Times Picayune, "BOLD backs Bagneris, Gusman in upcoming New Orleans elections," January 13, 2014