Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly, District 79|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
Benjamin's political experiences include candidate for New York City Council District 16 in 2001; deputy field director to Clinton for President; committeeman for New York State Democratic Committee; vice president of the 44th precinct Community Council; community coordinator for Assemblywoman Aurelia Greene; and district director for Congressman Jose Serrano.
Benjamin earned his B.A. in political science from Syracuse University. His professional experience includes deputy chief clerk for the Bronx board of elections; legislative aide; legislative director; manager for The Bronx Health Plan, Inc.; lecturer about race and ethnicity for John Jay College and about urban politics for College of New Rochelle. 
- Subcommittee on Regulated Mortgage Lenders
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Correction Committee, New York Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Benjamin did not run for re-election in 2010.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Benjamin won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 79, defeating opponent Sigfredo Gonzales (C).
Benjamin raised $41,684 for his campaign while Gonzales raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 79 2008|
|Michael Benjamin (D)||26,083|
|Sigfredo Gonzales (C)||364|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Benjamin + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
|New York Assembly - District 79
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |