|New York State Assembly District 79|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Benjamin's professional experiences include deputy chief clerk for the Bronx board of elections; legislative aide; legislative director; manager for The Bronx Health Plan, Inc.; lecturer about race and ethnicity for John Jay College and about urban politics for College of New Rochelle.
Benjamin earned a BA in political science from Syracuse University. He is married to Kennedy.
Benjamin did not run for re-election in 2010.
On November 4, 2008 Benjamin won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 79, defeating opponent Sigfredo Gonzales (C).
Benjamin raised $41,684 for his campaign while Gonzales raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 79 2008|
|Michael Benjamin (D)||26,083|
|Sigfredo Gonzales (C)||364|
- Subcommittee on Regulated Mortgage Lenders
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Correction Committee, New York Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. Michael Benjamin
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
|New York Assembly - District 79
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |