Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Fourteenth Middlesex District|
Benn has worked in the field of healthcare finance for 24 years.
Benn's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the economy
- Excerpt:"I will work to ensure that Massachusetts is looked upon as a desirable place to do business. The first order of business will be to bring the tax rates back down to 5%."
- Excerpt:"I will work to restore the more rigorous standards to ensure that our educational system is properly focused on student learning outcomes, rather than bureaucratic internal processes. Its a matter of fairness!"
- Excerpt:"Government works best when elected officials are accountable for their actions. This requires transparency. The people need to know what is happening on Beacon Hill."
Benn ran in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Fourteenth Middlesex District. He was unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Cory Atkins (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fourteenth Middlesex District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Cory Atkins Incumbent||65.4%||14,869|
Benn and his wife Connie have three children.Cite error: Invalid
refs with no name must have content
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Benn + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Update on the latest in sports: - San Diego 6
- Report: FAU to hire Charlie Partridge as new head football coach - WPEC
- Northwood Hoops wins with Dramatic Buzzer Beater - WPEC
- FAU's Johnson named C-USA Newcomer of the Year - WPEC
- NHL roundup: Orpik leaves on stretcher, Chara scores winner in Bruins' 3-2 win - TheChronicleHerald.ca
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Michael Benn on Facebook
- Michael Benn on Twitter
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |