Michael Cole (Texas)
|U.S. House, Texas, District 36|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||March 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||West Orange Stark High School, 1994|
Cole works as an educator at Little Cypress-Mauriceville. He previously worked in the retail and restaurant industry.
Cole's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Education is the cornerstone of a free people. A people steeped in the scientific method and the Bill of Rights are the critical thinkers of tomorrow. By learning math, science and American history, they learn the skills necessary to do great things, to cherish the nation and the freedoms they have and to build a better tomorrow."
- The Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "The American Economy in the last hundred years has won two World Wars, put men on the moon, created innovation and luxury that the world has never before seen. We have all prospered in this wonderful country of ours. Now, greed by a few has threatened the prosperity of the many. "
- Women and their rights
- Excerpt: "Very few issues invoke more debate or passion than the reproductive rights of women. We are given the question of who controls the right to choose, the state or the woman. America was founded on the ideals of individual liberty and the freedom of choice, we will not always agree with that choice, but the option to choose must be there."
- Excerpt: "We are a nation that respects family, that respects community. However, now there is a push by the Tea Party that would have armed troops invading our homes at night, to seize family members, tearing apart communities and leaving devastation in their wake... all in the name of immigration reform. Immigration reform that WILL NOT WORK, that is at best invasive and wrong and at worst racist and fueled by prejudice and hate."
Cole is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 36th District. Cole won the Democratic nomination in the primary on March 4, 2014, with no opposition. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Cole ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Texas' 36th District. He ran unopposed in the Libertarian Party primary on May 29, 2012. He was defeated by Steve Stockman (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Texas District 36 General Election, 2012|
|Libertarian||Michael K. Cole||2.7%||6,284|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Cole + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 36th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 36th Congressional District
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Texas," November 6, 2012
- Campaign website, "Biography," accessed January 29, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on March 26, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 29, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, 2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Texas Libertarian Party - candidate list
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |