|Attorney General of New Hampshire|
|2009-March 31, 2013|
|Predecessor||Kelly Ayotte (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. John Lynch|
|High school||St. John's Preparatory School (1987)|
|Bachelor's||College of the Holy Cross (1991)|
|J.D.||Georgetown University Law Center (1994)|
Upon graduating from law school, Delaney joined the Machester-based law firm, Wiggin & Nourie, as an attorney specializing in business litigation. Delaney joined the Attorney General's office in 1999 as a prosecutor. In 2003, he was appointed Chief of the Homicide Prosecution Unit, responsible for the supervision of all homicide investigations and prosecutions in the State.
Delaney was appointed to serve as New Hampshire's Deputy Attorney General from 2004 to 2006. He resigned his position in 2006 to work as Gov. Lynch's legal counsel. In 2009, Gov. Lynch appointed Delaney as New Hampshire Attorney General following the resignation of Kelly A. Ayotte who chose to run for the United States Senate in November 2010.
- Graduated from St. John's Preparatory School (1987)
- Bachelor's degree, College of the Holy Cross (1991) in political science
- Juris Doctorate degree, Georgetown University Law Center (1994)
Attorney General (2009-2013)
Delaney was appointed as New Hampshire Attorney General by Gov. Lynch in August 2009. The office was vacant following following the resignation of Kelly A. Ayotte who chose to run for the United States Senate in November 2010.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Delaney + New + Hampshire + Attorney"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- HUFFPOST HILL - John Boehner Sipping Hot Toddy By Fireplace At GOP Winter ... - Huffington Post
- AG says hands full as cases pile up - The Union Leader
- 40 people you want to meet - The Union Leader
- Addison's defense asks high court to disqualify prosecutors - Concord Monitor
- State Of The Union Speech Reaction: Politicians Weigh In On Obama's Address ... - Huffington Post
- HUFFPOST HILL - John Boehner Likes The Good Life - Huffington Post
- Three NH hospitals join Dartmouth-Hitchcock accountable care organization - vtdigger.org
Delaney currently resides in Manchester, New Hampshire with his wife, Caroline, and their three children.
Office of the Attorney General
33 Capitol Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 271-3658
Fax: (603) 271-2110
- Blue Hampshire "Gov. John Lynch will nominate Michael Delaney as the state's next Attorney General" 9 July, 2009
- Concord Monitor, "Mike Delaney to end tenure as N.H. attorney general," March 19, 2013
- Nashua Patch, "Foster is now Attorney General," May 15, 2013
- Department of Justice New Hampshire "Michael Delaney" Accessed November 3, 2012
Kelly A. Ayotte (R)
|New Hampshire Attorney General
| Succeeded by|
Joe Foster (D)