|New Hampshire State Senate District 22|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Downing served in the New Hampshire State House of Representatives from 1996 to 2002. He ran again in 2002 but was not re-elected.
Downing served in the 82nd Military Police Company of the 82nd Airborne in the United States Army from 1976 to 1979. He then worked for the New Hampshire State Police from 1976 to 1995.
Downing earned his AA from New Hampshire College. He went on to receive his BA from Franklin Pierce College in 1986.
Downing was eligible but did not run for re-election in 2010.
On November 4, 2008 Michael Downing won the election for New Hampshire State Senate, District 22 with 16,436 votes.
Downing raised $72,034 for his campaign.
|New Hampshire State Senate, District 22 (2008)|
|Michael Downing (R)||16,436|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Michael Downing's 2008 campaign.
|Michael W. Downing||$5,044|
|New Hampshire Association of Realtors||$2,750|
|Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire||$2,000|
|Granite State Teamsters||$1,250|
While in the New Hampshire State Senate, Downing served on the following committees:
- Capital Budget Committee, New Hampshire State Senate
- Executive Departments and Administration Committee, New Hampshire State Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, New Hampshire State Senate
- Rules and Enrolled Bills Committee, New Hampshire State Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, New Hampshire State Senate
Downing and his wife, Heidi, have five children.
- Mike Downing's campaign website
- Official New Hampshire State Senate website
- New Hampshire Republicans page on Michael Downing
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New Hampshire State Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|