|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 43|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|High school||Nanih Waiya High School|
Evans' professional experience includes working as a battalion chief with the Philadelphia, Mississippi Fire Department and a fire chief with the Preston Volunteer Fire Department. He also owns and operates a poultry farm with his wife.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Evans served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Conservation and Water Resources|
|• Public Property|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks|
Evans' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Will support fully funding education and giving teachers what they need to be successful"
- "Will work with local, state, and federal officials to attract new jobs and business to District 43."
- "Will support giving law enforcement and military personnel what they need to keep people safe."
- "Will protect the interests of senior citizens and ensure they have access to the services they need."
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
On November 8, 2011, Evans won election to District 43 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Republican incumbent Russ Nowell in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 43 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Russ Nowell Incumbent||49.1%||4,368|
In 2011, Evans received $28,292 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Evans's campaign in 2011|
|House Democratic Leadership Of Mississippi||$14,893|
|Evans, Michael T||$2,599|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$2,500|
|Mississippi Association For Justice||$1,700|
|House Democratic Victory PAC||$1,550|
|Total Raised in 2011||$28,292|
|Total Votes received in 2011||4,534|
|Cost of each vote received||$6.24|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Evans + Mississippi + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Elect Michael Evans, "Issues," accessed November 2, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 43
2012 – present
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |