|U.S. House, Illinois, District 13|
|Bachelor's||Eastern Illinois University, University of Arizona, and Southern Illinois University|
|Other||Veterinary College at the University of Illinois (1982)|
Firsching was born in Ohio in 1956, and he grew up with his parents in Georgia and then Illinois. He attended Eastern Illinois University, the University of Arizona and Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. He graduated with a Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine from the Veterinary College at the University of Illinois in 1982.
- 1983: Started his own business: Fort Russell Veterinary Service
- 1997-2001: Member of the Edwardsville School Board
- 2002-2004: Trustee for the Holiday Shores Sanitary District
- 2006-2008: Member of the Madison County Regional School Board
Illinois' 13th Congressional District was a battleground district in 2014 due to the very small margin of victory in the last congressional and presidential election in the district. Incumbent Rodney Davis defeated Michael Firsching and Erika Harold in the Republican primary. In the Democratic primary, Ann Callis triumphed over George Gollin and David Green. Davis and Callis will face off in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 13 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Rodney Davis Incumbent||54.6%||27,816|
|Source: Illinois State Board of Elections|
Firsching ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Illinois' 13th District. Firsching sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline was December 27, 2011, with the primary taking place on March 20, 2012.
Firsching and candidate Frank Metzger were defeated by incumbent Timothy Johnson in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012. The Democratic primary between candidates David Gill and Matt Goetten was incredibly close, and in the end Gill narrowly beat out Goetten.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 13 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Tim Johnson Incumbent||68.7%||35,655|
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Firsching's reports.
|Michael Firsching (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$0||$0||$(0)||$0|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$0||$0||$(0)||$0|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$0||$0||$(0)||$0|
- Associated Press, "Primary Election 2014," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Election Division, "Michael Firsching," accessed November 27, 2013
- ABC News 7, "Election Results Primary 2012," accessed March 20, 2012 (dead link)
- Mike Firsching for Congress, "Biography" accessed January 16, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 27, 2011
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed March 3, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly," accessed March 3, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed March 3, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |