|U.S. Senate, Texas|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas, 1972|
|J.D.||Texas Tech University, 1975|
Fjetland was raised on a farm in Iowa and moved to Texas when he was 15. He earned his BBA in Accounting from the University of Texas in 1972. He went on to receive a JD from Texas Tech University in 1975. Since then, he has worked in a number of positions, including as a Fortune 500 international negotiator and private practice international attorney. Fjetland also served as a volunteer pilot for the Civil Air Patrol and is founder/CEO of Armor Glass International, Inc.
Fjetland's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Minimum Wage
- Excerpt: "We need to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour."
- Make our education system No. 1 again
- Excerpt: "We need to make our education system No. 1 in the world so we can compete in a high-tech, global economy. "
- Immigration Reform
- Excerpt: "We must pass Immigration Reform to provide a path to citizenship for "dreamers" and allow those living in the shadows a path to obtain legal residency."
- Rebuild America
- Excerpt: "We must rebuild America. We have invested trillions in infrastructure in Iraq and Afghanistan while letting our own highways and bridges crumble."
- Women Deserve Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Excerpt: "Women should be paid the same as men for the same work. That is America."
|U.S. Senate, Texas Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Maxey Marie Scherr||17.7%||89,735|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
|Michael Fjetland (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||February 5, 2014||$17,000||$17,614||$(11,160)||$6,454|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Fjetland + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas Secretary of State, 2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Michael Fjetland for U.S. Senate, "About Michael," accessed January 10, 2014
- Michael Fjetland for U.S. Senate, "Issues," accessed January 10, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Michael Fjetland Year-End," accessed February 16, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |