|Board member, Spartanburg County School District 6, At-Large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 7, 2017|
|Spartanburg County School District 2, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Michael Forrester Incumbent||18.1%||957|
|Nonpartisan||Mary Lou Hightower Incumbent||17.9%||948|
|Nonpartisan||Dale Evans Incumbent||17.7%||934|
|Nonpartisan||Kevin Harrison Incumbent||17.5%||925|
|Nonpartisan||Mike Crook Incumbent||16.7%||884|
|Source: Spartanburg County, "Office of Registration and Election, accessed December 17, 2013|
Forrester reported no contributions or expenditures to the South Carolina State Ethics Commission.
As of October 22, 2013, Forrester had not received any endorsements for his campaign.
What was at stake?
Five seats on the Spartanburg School District 6 school board were at stake in the upcoming election. All five incumbents sought re-election and were the only candidates in the race.
About the district
The county underperforms the state in median household income and higher education, but outperforms the state in poverty rate. According to the 2010 Census, the median household income in Spartanburg County is $43,563 compared to South Carolina's statewide median of $44,587. The rate of residents below the poverty level in Spartanburg County is 16.2% while the state rate is 17.0%. The percentage of residents over 25 with a bachelor's degree or higher in Spartanburg County is 20.4% compared to the state average of 24.2%.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Forrester + Spartanburg + School"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Spartanburg County School District 6, South Carolina
- Spartanburg County School District 6 elections (2013)
- Spartanburg County School District 6
- Michael Forrester Board of Trustee Spartanburg School District 6
- State Ethics Commission," "Public Disclosure and Accountability Reporting," accessed December 26, 2013
- 2010 Census: Quick Facts, "Chester County," accessed October 15, 2013"
- The New York TImes, "Election Results," accessed August 9, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014