Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board member, Craven County School Board, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
- See also: Craven County Schools elections (2014)
Michael Genovese is facing Beatrice Smith for the District 4 seat in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Genovese had not reported any campaign contributions or expenditures to the North Carolina Board of Elections as of April 29, 2014.
Genovese had not received any official endorsements for his campaign as of April 29, 2014.
About the district
- See also: Craven County Schools, North Carolina
Craven County underperformed in comparison to the rest of North Carolina in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 21.8 percent of Craven County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.8 percent for North Carolina as a whole. The median household income in Craven County was $47,383 compared to $46,450 for the state of North Carolina. The poverty rate in Craven County was 16.3 percent compared to 16.8 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Genovese + Craven + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "NC Campaign Report Search By Entity," accessed April 29, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Craven County, North Carolina," accessed April 29, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "NC Voter Statistics Results," accessed April 28, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Craven County Schools Elections|
|Craven County, North Carolina|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 2: Incumbent, Frances Boomer District 6: Incumbent, Kimberly Smith|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|