Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 139|
Hope's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Michael is staunchly pro-life and will defend our God-given right to life from conception to natural death. This right is our foundation; without it, our other rights mean nothing.
We must stop the excessive regulation and taxation of our Missouri businesses. Red tape and bureaucratic wars have stunted economic growth. Fewer restrictions means more businesses and jobs in Missouri.
Our nation is built of individual sovereign states: bound together by common heritage and ideas. Our federal government seems to no longer exist under its restriction – the Constitution. States must stand up and reclaim our powers that an ever-growing federal government has taken on. Missouri, not Washington,D.C. ought to be first in our state’s civil affairs.
While helping each other back onto our feet is a good thing, our current welfare programs are rife with fraud and abuse. These budgets must be reformed before they undo our solvency. America is about people making their own way, not relying on some insulting big-government to get them through.
Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Jered Taylor defeated Clayton Jones and Michael Hope in the Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 139 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Hope + Missouri + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri House of Representatives
- Missouri House of Representatives District 139
- Missouri House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Missouri State Legislature
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Elections: Offices Filed in Candidate Filing," accessed April 11, 2014
- Michael Hope 4 Missouri, "Issues," accessed July 23, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results - State of Missouri - Primary Election - August 5, 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List - Primary Election," accessed July 24, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results-State of Missouri-General-November 4, 2014: Unofficial Results," November 8, 2014
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |