Michael K. Landwehr
|Michael K. Landwehr|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board Member, Brighton School District, District 4|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November, 2017|
|Fort Lupton RW-8 school board|
Landwehr ran unopposed to win the District 4 seat on the Brighton school board on November 5, 2013.
|Brighton School District, District 4 General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Michael K. Landwehr||100%||9,125|
|Source: Adams County, Colorado, "Election Summary Report, 2013 Adams County Coordinated Election," November 19, 2013|
Landwehr did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
What was at stake?
Five seats on the board were at stake in this election. District 2 incumbent Kristi Crisman did not file for re-election, but no other candidates filed for the vacant seat either, which left it open to a write-in candidate. Rick Doucet ran a write-in campaign and won the seat. District 4 incumbent Joan Kniss was ineligible to run for another term because of Amendment 17 to the Colorado Constitution, which states that no "elected official of any...school district....shall serve more than two consecutive terms in office." Newcomer Michael K. Landwehr ran unopposed for the open seat. Districts 5 and 6 incumbents Patrick D. Day and Teresa R. Gallegos faced a total of four challengers, while District 7 incumbent Gregory Piotraschke also ran unopposed for re-election.
About the district
- See also: Brighton School District, Colorado
Adams County underperformed the rest of Colorado in terms of its average household income, poverty rate and higher education achievement in 2011. The median household income in Adams County is $56,089 compared to $57,685 for the state of Colorado. The poverty rate in Adams County is 14.0% compared to 12.5% for the entire state. The U.S. Census also found that 20.7% of Adams County residents aged 25 years and older attained a bachelor's degree compared to 36.3% in Colorado as a whole.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Landwehr + Brighton + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Megan Mitchell, The Denver Post, "Candidates lined up for 27J Board elections," September 11, 2013
- TRACER, "Candidate Detail," Accessed December 18, 2013
- The Standard Blade, "Polls close in Colorado; unofficial results from Nov. 5 election," November 7, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- United States Census Bureau, "Adams County, Colorado," accessed October 2, 2013
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Total Registered Voters By Party Affiliation and Status," accessed October 2, 2013