|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 96|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Wayland Baptist University|
|Other||Northeastern State University|
|Years of service||1992-1997|
|Profession||Public School Teacher|
Kalagias earned his B.S. in Political Science with Minors in English and Biology from Wayland Baptist University in 1990 and his Teacher Certification from Northeastern State University in 1997. His professional experience includes working as a public school teacher. He served in the United States Navy from 1992 to 1997.
Kalagias submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I decided to run for office because I know my country and state are heading in the wrong direction, enacting unsustainable policies that will take the American dream completely away from our future generations. I want to leave my part of the world in better shape than I found it. We need to do this through more limited government, decreased spending, decreased taxes, and personal responsibility. Republicans and Democrats are concerned only with increasing the power of the Republicans and Democrats. I want to give the power back to the people.||”|
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Tom McClure was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Grant Hodges defeated Damon Wallace in the Republican primary. McClure will face Hodges and Michael Kalagias (L) in the general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 96 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Kalagias + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House of Representatives District 96
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on March 28, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|