|Michigan House of Representatives, District 1|
Koester's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "This is a wide ranging issue, but broad based economic growth is the most effective way to improve the lives of the people in this district and the state."
Commitment to Social Justice
- Excerpt: "Simply put, social justice means a fundamental respect for the God given dignity that every person has and a belief everybody deserves a fair shake in life. That society’s most vulnerable members (the poor, elderly, mentally ill) are not left behind to fend for themselves while everybody else sees opportunity and prosperity."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Brian Banks defeated six other candidates in the Democratic primary; Rebecca Thompson came in second. John Hauler was unopposed in the Republican primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Koester + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 1
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- michaelkoester.com, "Issues," accessed July 21, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |