|Vermont House Of Representatives, Orleans 2|
|2005 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||9|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||May 31, 1958|
|Place of birth||Newport, Vermont|
|Profession||President, Michael Marcotte Inc.|
Marcotte attended Sacred Heart High School in 1977. He then attended the Rhode Island Trade Shop School in 1978.
Marcotte was a Service Manager for Cray Oil Company from 1980 to 1982. He then worked for M and R Enterprises as a Gas Pump Attendant from 1982 to 1983. From 1983 to 1992, he was the owner of Jimmy Kwik Store. He has been the President of Michael Marcotte Incorporated since 1992.
Marcotte has served as a Selectman for the Town of Coventry since 1992. He has also been the Chair of the Coventry Selectboard since 1998.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Marcotte served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Economic Development, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Marcotte served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Economic Development, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Marcotte served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Commerce and Economic Development|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Orleans-2 has two representatives. Julie Raboin is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Michael Marcotte and Gary Viens are unopposed in the Republican primary. Carl Davis is running as a Vermont Progressive Party candidate.
Marcotte won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Orleans 2. Marcotte was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Orleans 2 General Election (2010)|
|Michael Marcotte (R)||2,042|
|Duncan Kilmartin (R)||1,627|
Comprehensive donor information for Marcotte is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Marcotte raised a total of $5,100 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Michael Marcotte's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Orleans-2||$4,005|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Orleans-2||$1,095|
|Grand Total Raised||$5,100|
2012Marcotte won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Marcotte raised a total of $4,005.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Marcotte's campaign in 2012|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,005|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Marcotte was up for election, he collected $1,095 in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Marcotte voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Marcotte and his wife, Danielle, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Marcotte + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Marcotte, Michael J," accessed September 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013