Michael McLachlan (Colorado)
|Colorado House of Representatives District 59|
|January 9, 2013-Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $183/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McLachlan served on the following committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources|
McLachlan won election in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 59. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 26, 2012. He defeated incumbent J. Paul Brown (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 59, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||J. Paul Brown Incumbent||48.9%||20,715|
Comprehensive donor information for McLachlan is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, McLachlan raised a total of $149,323 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 30, 2013.
|Michael McLachlan's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Colorado State House, District 59||$149,323|
|Grand Total Raised||$149,323|
2012McLachlan won election to the Colorado House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, McLachlan raised a total of $149,323.
|Colorado House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael McLachlan (Colorado)'s campaign in 2012|
|Colorado Democratic Party||$12,515|
|Colorado State Conference Of Electrical Workers Small Donor Cmte||$4,500|
|Colorado Education Association||$4,500|
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$4,250|
|Colorado Wins Sdc||$3,650|
|Total Raised in 2012||$149,323|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Following McLachlan's votes in favor of several pieces of gun control legislation, the conservative group Colorado Accountability filed recall paperwork with the Colorado Secretary of State on March 5, 2013. Supporters of the recall needed to collect 10,586 valid signatures by May 7 to force a recall election, but did not submit any signatures by the deadline.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + McLachlan + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado House of Representatives District 59
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado Secretary of State "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "McLachlan, Michael," accessed May 30, 2013
- 20130305/NEWS01/130309781/-1/News01/Recall-effort-begins durangoherald.com, "Recall effort begins," accessed March 5, 2013
- 2013/05/21/first-recall-effort-fails-against-democratic-state-rep-mike-mclachlan/ kdvr.com, "First recall effort fails against Democratic state Rep. Mike McLachlan," May 21, 2013
J. Paul Brown (R)
|Colorado House of Representatives District 59
| Succeeded by|