|Kansas House of Representatives District 104|
|1985 - 2013|
|Speaker of the House|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas (1973)|
|J.D.||University of Kansas (1976)|
|Date of birth||January 16, 1951|
|Place of birth||Kansas City, Missouri|
|Profession||Administrative Partner, Gilliland, Hayes, Professional Association|
O'Neal, who has his B.A. and J.D. from the University of Kansas, has worked as an administrative Partner with Gilliland, Hayes, PA since 1988.
He is presently a member of the Defense Research Institute, National Conference of State Legislature, Kansas County Mental Health Association Board, Kansas Association of Defense Council, and Kansas Bar Association.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, O'Neal served on the following committees:
- Calendar and Printing Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Interstate Cooperation Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Chair
- Legislative Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Legislative Coordinating Council Committee, Kansas State Legislature, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, O'Neal served on the following committees:
- Calendar and Printing Committee, House of Representatives (Vice-Chair)
- Interstate Cooperation Committee, House of Representatives
- Legislative Budget Committee, House of Representatives
- Joint Committee on Legislative Coordinating Council
- Joint Committee on Parole Board Oversight
O'Neal refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
His answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2002 National Political Awareness Test are available.
Has not sponsored any major legislation.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 104 General Election (2010)|
|Michael O'Neal (R)||4,956|
|Jack Mace (D)||2,828|
|Bennie Ferguson (L)||388|
On November 4, 2008, O'Neal was re-elected to the 104th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Bennie Lee "Ben" Ferguson (L). O'Neal raised $58,916 for his campaign, while Ferguson raised $0.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 104|
|Michael O'Neal (R)||8,711||81.2%|
|Bennie Lee Ferguson (L)||2,009||18.7%|
In 2010, O'Neal received $91,101 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael O'Neal's campaign in 2010|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$1,000|
|Kansas Petroleum Marketers & Convenience Store Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Association Of Insurance Agents||$1,000|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$91,101|
In 2008 O'Neal collected $58,916 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Kansas Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Association of Realtors||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Michael + O'Neal + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Michael O'Neal
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 1996,1998,2002, 2006, 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Michael O'Neal Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. O'Neal Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member (dead link)
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2008 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kansas 2008 - Candidates," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kansas 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 31, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 104
| Succeeded by|
Steven R. Becker (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |