|Nevada State Senate, District 20|
|2011 - present|
|November 9, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Minority Leader, Nevada State Senate|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas, 1993|
|J.D.||University of Kansas School of Law, 1996|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Endorsements
- 8 Personal
- 9 Recent news
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Roberson earned his B.S. in Political Science from the University of Kansas in 1993 and his J.D. from the University of Kansas School of Law in 1996. His professional experience includes working as an attorney at Kolesar & Leathlam.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Roberson served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Revenue and Economic Development|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Roberson served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce, Labor and Energy|
|• Natural Resources|
Roberson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe Nevada can once again lead the nation in job creation, but it will take new leadership to make it happen. Nevada must be declared a “Free Enterprise Zone.”"
- Excerpt: "We must broaden and diversify the economy by providing pro-business tax and fiscal policies, incentives for out-of-state businesses to relocate to Nevada, and tax incentives for existing business to grow and create more jobs."
- Excerpt: "I will work with Democrats and Republicans to replace the empty promises with legitimate, measurable results. We must adopt what has proven to work and eliminate what has proven to fail."
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2010
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 5 (B) General election (2010)|
|Michael Roberson (R)||38,401|
|Joyce Woodhouse (D)||35,638|
Comprehensive donor information for Roberson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Roberson raised a total of $583,321 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 15, 2013.
|Michael Roberson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Senate, District 20||$201,200|
|2010||Nevada State Senate, Clark 5||$382,121|
|Grand Total Raised||$583,321|
2012Roberson was not up for election to the Nevada State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Roberson raised a total of $201,200.
|Nevada State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Roberson's campaign in 2012|
|Elizabeth Halseth For State Senate 9||$10,000|
|Nevada Subcontractors Association||$7,500|
|R & R Partners||$7,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$201,200|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Roberson won election to the Nevada State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Roberson raised a total of $382,121.
|Nevada State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Roberson's campaign in 2010|
|Las Vegas Sands||$25,000|
|Brady, Cynthia & Bill||$20,000|
|GOP GOTV PAC||$10,000|
|Committee To Elect Ben Kieckhefer||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$382,121|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
Roberson received a score of 88.63% in the 2011 report card, ranking 2nd out of all 63 Nevada State Legislature members. Roberson's score was tied with Greg Brower. Senator Don Gustavson received a higher score of 89.1. Roberson's score was followed by senators Elizabeth Halseth (88.15), and James Settelmeyer (87.68).
Roberson is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Roberson + Nevada + Senate" Michael Roberson News Feed
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results
- Follow the Money, "Roberson, Michael." Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card"
- www.nevadanewsbureau.com Conservative Nevada Think Tank Grades Lawmakers On Taxes, Education Reform, June 28, 2011
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Eight Nevada State Senators," November 16, 2011
|Nevada State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|
Joyce Woodhouse (D)
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 5
| Succeeded by|