|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Saari's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Second Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "As a life time member of the NRA (National Rifle Association) I continue to support the second amendment right of the people that are peaceable citizens and non-violent felons, to own and possess firearms."
Unconscionable State Law Requires Reform.
- Excerpt: "Michigan law eternally removes rights void of reinstatement time frame provision to regain rights for victimless non-violent offenses."
- Excerpt: "We must restore fairness to the tax system and ensure that it is adequate to meet society’s requirements. The state needs sufficient revenue to meet the needs of its citizens."
- Excerpt: "By increasing the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour would provide low wage Michigan workers the same buying power president Lyndon B. Johnson provided the American people in 1968."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Sandy Colvin defeated Michael Saari in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Klint Kesto defeated Deb O'Hagan and Alan Stephens in the Republican primary. Kesto defeated Colvin in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Klint Kesto Incumbent||52.2%||16,740|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 39 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Klint Kesto Incumbent||55%||4,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Saari + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 39
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website (dead link)
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- democracy.com, "Issues," accessed July 29, 2014 (dead link)
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |