Michael D. Salyer
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Tennessee, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Volunteer High School, 1985|
|Place of birth||Mt. Carmel, Tenn.|
was a 2014 Libertarian
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 1st Congressional District
He was defeated in the general election by incumbent Phil Roe
(R) on November 4, 2014.
Salyer graduated from Volunteer High School in 1985. He is a truck driver.
- See also: Tennessee's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
Salyer ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Tennessee's 1st District. He was defeated in the general election by incumbent Phil Roe (R) on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 1 General Election, 2014
||Phil Roe Incumbent
|| Michael Salyer
|| Robert Franklin
|| Robert Smith
|Source: Tennessee Secretary of State Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.
- See also: Tennessee's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
Salyer ran in the 2012 election
for the U.S. House
to represent Tennessee's 1st District
. He ran as an Independent
and faced incumbent Phil Roe
(R), Karen Brackett
(I) and Alan Woodruff
(D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
He was defeated by incumbent Phil Roe
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Salyer + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Michael Salyer News Feed
- ↑ Tennessee.gov, "Governor, United States Senate, and United States House of Representatives Petitions Filed by Qualifying Deadline," accessed April 3, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Huffington Post, "Election 2014," accessed November 6, 2014
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Michael Salyer's Biography," accessed April 9, 2014
- ↑ Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results"
- ↑ Politico, "2012 Election Map, Tennessee"