Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Florida House of Representatives District 58|
|2006 - 2009|
Scionti's professional experience includes working as a State Prosecutor in the Statewide Prosecutor's Office, State Attorney's Office and Attorney General's Office. He served as a Captain in the United States Army Reserve.
Scionti is a member of Post 111 - American Legion, La Nuova Sicilia Sons Of Italy Lodge, Optimist Club of Greater Tampa Bay, Post 424 - Veterans of Foreign Wars and the West Tampa Chamber of Commerce.
Scionti served on the following House committees:
- Finance & Tax Council
- Health Care Appropriations Committee (Ranking Minority Member)
- Health Care Regulation Policy Committee
- Health & Family Services Policy Council
- Rules & Calendar Council
Scionti did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Scionti's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 39 - "Regulation of Drugs: Creates "Vaccine Safety Act;" prohibits sale, purchase, manufacture, delivery, importation, administration, & distribution of vaccines containing organic or inorganic mercury compounds in excess of certain amount."
- HB 87 - "Speed Zones at K-12 Schools: Requires installation of traffic & pedestrian control devices at certain K-12 schools unless traffic engineering analysis determines that devices are not necessary."
- HB 1339 - "County Powers and Duties: Authorizes counties to provide by ordinance for abatements & rebates of specified ad valorem taxes, discretionary sales surtaxes, & fuel taxes."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Below are Scionti's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$1,000|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|FL State Correctional Officers||$1,000|
|123 LaSalle Associates||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Michael + Scionti + Florida + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- [http://www.myfloridahouse.com/FileStores/Web/HouseContent/Approved/Minority%20Leader/Press%20Releases/Press%20Release%20-%20State%20Rep.%20Michael%20Scionti%2012.07.09.PDF Florida House of Representatives, "State Representative Michael Scionti Accepts Presidential Appointment as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense," December 7, 2009]
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 18, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Florida House of Representatives District 58
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |