Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Florida House of Representatives District 58|
|2006 - 2009|
He is a Captain in the United States Army Reserve, and has previously worked as a State Prosecutor in the Statewide Prosecutor's Office, State Attorney's Office, and Attorney General's Office.
Scionti is a member of Post 111 - American Legion, La Nuova Sicilia Sons Of Italy Lodge, Optimist Club of Greater Tampa Bay, Post 424 - Veterans of Foreign Wars, and the West Tampa Chamber of Commerce.
Scionti did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Scionti served on the following House committees:
- Finance & Tax Council
- Health Care Appropriations Committee (Ranking Minority Member)
- Health Care Regulation Policy Committee
- Health & Family Services Policy Council
- Rules & Calendar Council
Scionti's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 39 - "Regulation of Drugs: Creates "Vaccine Safety Act;" prohibits sale, purchase, manufacture, delivery, importation, administration, & distribution of vaccines containing organic or inorganic mercury compounds in excess of certain amount."
- HB 87 - "Speed Zones at K-12 Schools: Requires installation of traffic & pedestrian control devices at certain K-12 schools unless traffic engineering analysis determines that devices are not necessary."
- HB 1339 - "County Powers and Duties: Authorizes counties to provide by ordinance for abatements & rebates of specified ad valorem taxes, discretionary sales surtaxes, & fuel taxes."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Below are Scionti's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$1,000|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|FL State Correctional Officers||$1,000|
|123 LaSalle Associates||$1,000|
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Michael Scionti
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- [http://www.myfloridahouse.com/FileStores/Web/HouseContent/Approved/Minority%20Leader/Press%20Releases/Press%20Release%20-%20State%20Rep.%20Michael%20Scionti%2012.07.09.PDF Florida House of Representatives, "State Representative Michael Scionti Accepts Presidential Appointment as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense," December 7, 2009]
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Scionti Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Scionti Issue Positions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House Of Representatives District 58
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |